Sunday, April 26, 2015
A very warm VFF "Thank You" to our crowdfunding panelists, our hosts, Aaron Kaiser, Rick Shaw and Secret Rose Theatre, and all who attended. This was a very popular topic and there's no doubt we'll be hosting another soon. In the meantime, here's some key takeaways to get help get your project funded:
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Over the last several years, crowdfunding has opened up new avenues for indie filmmakers to raise the production budgets for their projects. With high-profile successes, such as Rob Thomas' Veronica Mars and Zach Braff's Wish I Was Here, the door appears wide open to use audience participation to green light. To further expand the playing field, the SEC has recently released regulations for equity crowdfunding and the JOBS Act.
Join The Valley Film Festival and filmmaker Aaron Matthew Kaiser for a panel discussion about crowdfunding + the JOBS Act. We will discuss:
- What you should consider when planning a crowdfunding campaign.
- What to look for in a crowdfunding platform and what type of campaign is right for your project.
- What are the common mistakes filmmakers run into in crowdfunding campaigns and how to avoid them.
- What equity crowdfunding is and whether it should be an option for your project.
Our panelists include:
- ALEXIA ANASTASIO, VFF alumnae, actress and filmmaker who has crowdfunded three projects since 2010
- JUSTIN ZAGRI, VFF alumnus, makes his living freelancing in the entertainment industry and has recently succeeded in raising $24,000 through Kickstarter for his short film "Severus Snape and the Marauders"
- LYSANDRA PETERSSON is a Screenwriter, Director, Editor, and the co-founder of the production company Deep Structure Productions
- DAVID RAIKLEN is a Producer-Composer-Crowdfun
Saturday, April 25, 2015
1:30pm - Doors Open
2pm-3:30pm - Panel
Secret Rose Theatre
11246 Magnolia Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91601